For those who have not completed games in the Xenoblade Chronicles series, this page contains spoilers regarding the plot. Discretion is advised.
Core Crystals are items in Xenoblade Chronicles 2. They are collected throughout the game's progression. Drivers can resonate with Core Crystals by touching them to create and awaken Blades who endow their Driver with power and a weapon.
Types of Core Crystals
|Common Core Crystal||Common, Rare not listed below||Enemies, Tiger! Tiger!|
|Rare Core Crystal||Common, Rare not listed below||Enemies, Tiger! Tiger!|
|Legendary Core Crystal||Common, Rare not listed below||Unique Monsters, Tiger! Tiger!|
|Unnamed Core Crystal||Common (Knuckle Claws, Wind)||Chapter 2|
|Inherited Core Crystal||Sheba ※||Margia's Odds & Ends|
|Beastly Core Crystal||Wulfric ※||Elder Arachno|
|Sealed Core Crystal||Herald ※||Theospiti Temple Ruins|
|Roc's Core Crystal||Roc||Chapter 4|
|Vess's Core Crystal||Vess ※||Tranquility|
|Lucky Core Crystal||Kasandra ※||Gluttonous Marrin|
|Praxis's Core Crystal||Praxis ※||Crystal Clear|
|Theory's Core Crystal||Theory ※||Blade-Sharp Memory|
|Aegaeon's Core Crystal||Aegaeon||From Niall to Mòrag|
|Ebullient Core Crystal (DLC)||Crossette ※||After getting A Firecracker of a Gal|
|Divine Core Crystal (DLC)||Corvin ※||After getting A Boy of Two Swords|
- ※ If a Blade from a special limited Core Crystal is released, the Blade can be received again through normal resonating.
There are several ways of acquiring both Rare, and Common Core Crystals through simple means, making many RNG elements of bonding much easier.
- Common Core Crystals are dropped by many Soldiers, especially those found defeating Ardainian Soldiers on the Titan Battleship in Torigoth, Lindwurm soldiers on Island Base Lindwurm in the Leftherian Archipelago, Brionac soldiers in the Brionac Occupied Zone in the Empire of Mor Ardain, Tantalese soldiers in the Theoscaldia Palace, and Indoline soldiers in the World Tree. This is essentially a very quick way to gain Core Crytals, as Soldiers are usually weaker than most monsters.
- Using Gold Chips, Poppi's Treasure Sensor, or Adenines Treasure Wisdom perks, it is much easier to get Common, or Rare Core Crystals from enemies, especially when they are stacked.
- Purposefully failing while Salvaging at Port Anangham in Mor Ardain using Normal Cylinders has a chance of spawning a Tolen Krabble, a monster with a 100% chance of dropping a Core Crystal and a chance of dropping a Rare Core Crystal. This is advisable for players who are in need of Rare Core Crystals with a lack of drops available.
- Legendary Core Crystals can be farmed by stacking multiple treasure perks against unique monsters that are able to withstand late game thrashings from players through the use of Break, Topple, Launch, and then Smash repeatedly. It is also recommended to have several prerequisites in place to make farming easier. Equipping a Beta Scope dropped by Vay Taos in the World Tree's 7th Perimeter Center Floor allows party members to inflict Break more often, farming Gold Chips from Vampire Bride Marion in Kingdom of Uraya's Dragon's Stomach to allow 50% better drop rates when defeating, or smashing down the target and Fast Blade Switch aux cores for easier status infliction.
- Relentless Arduran is guaranteed to drop a Rare Core Crystal and almost always a Legendary one. Evileye Mambor on the Path of the Believer of the Cliffs of Morytha, is the lowest level Unique Monster that drops Legendary Core Crystals.
- The Architect stated that Core Crystals were initially created to replace human brain cells to immortalize the host, but early experiments were mostly failures, resulting in the test subjects mutating into the Guldo monsters. As such, they were later re-purposed to create the Titans and Blades.