Data Probes are information and research devices that retrieve data in the surrounding area. By connecting these research structures to the FrontierNav, the party gets data about the surrounding area.
There are many advantages to different Data Probes. On a FN Site that is a resource vein, it is possible to install a Data Probe that automatically extracts currently used minerals, Miranium, and Precious Resources.
The different types of Data Probes can be checked on the Wii U Gamepad.
The Treasure Boxes and Missions allow the party to obtain specialized Data Probes that can be installed on FrontierNav and provide different effects. These probes are of finite quantity, but are fully reusable and can be removed and placed on other sites. Installing probes incurs a construction fee however.
Types of Data Probes
- Basic Probes: The default probes.
- Mining Probes: Increase Miranium production and extracts resources.
- Research Probes: Increase revenue, with bigger profits when discovering secret areas.
- Storage Probes: Increase the maximum amount of Miranium that can be stored.
- Booster Probes: Increase the functionality of adjacent probes.
- Duplicator Probes: Copy the functions of adjacent probes.
- Battle Probes: Give various buffs and effects when the party is in the same region as the probe:
- Fuel Recovery Probes: Increase the rate of refueling for parked Skells within the region.
- Melee Attack Probes: Boost melee attack of party members and Skells within the region.
- Ranged Attack Probes: Boost ranged attack of party members and Skells within the region.
- EZ Debuff Probes: Boost successful debuff chances of party members within the region.
- Attribute Resistance Probes: Boost specific attribute resistances (Physical, Thermal, etc.) of party members and Skells within the region.