For those who have not completed games in the Xenoblade Chronicles series, this page contains spoilers regarding the plot. Discretion is advised.
Engage the Enemy (敵との対峙, Confrontation with the Enemy) is an Event Track in Xenoblade Chronicles, composed and arranged by ACE+. It is track 9 of disc 1 from the Xenoblade Original Soundtrack. It is also track 9 on the Xenoblade Chronicles Special Soundtrack. This music is a pre-battle theme that is heard in the following cutscenes:
- When Metal Face stabs Fiora during the raid on Colony 9
- When Shulk learns Monado Speed and saves Sharla from the Mechon M71 at Spiral Valley
- Before the battle against Xord at the Central Pit - Base Level
- Between battles with the Leone Telethia in the Decayed Forest as it regenerates its health
- Confrontation with Face Nemesis and Metal Face at Prison Terrace atop Prison Island
- Dunban versus Mumkhar on Valak Mountain, interrupted by Egil's arrival
- Death of Mumkhar as he falls from the Heavy Machine Depot in Sword Valley
- Zanza versus Fiora/Meyneth in a duel of the gods above Mechonis Core
- Between battles against Disciple Dickson as the party catches their second wind
A trimmed and looped version of the track appears in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U. A remix of Engage the Enemy also appears in the "Xenoblade Chronicles Medley" track.
The Live Recording is an official live performance of five songs from Xenoblade Chronicles to celebrate the release of Xenoblade Chronicles 3D. These songs were performed and orchestrated by ACE+ band accompanied by a string quartet, in particular the live recording of "Engage the Enemy".