For those who have not completed games in the Xenoblade Chronicles series, this page contains spoilers regarding the plot. Discretion is advised.
- "Life's little surprises are what makes it great. We don't know what's going to happen. It's worrying sometimes, but it's also exciting, don't you think?"
- – Fiora
Fiora (Japanese: フィオルン, Fiorun, Fiorung; English dub: /fiˈɔərə/) is one of the seven playable characters in Xenoblade Chronicles. She is a childhood friend of Shulk and Reyn, and is the younger sister of Dunban with whom she lives in his house in Colony 9. She has a soft spot for Shulk and often cooks for him, for which he is grateful.
Fiora is young woman of average stature (about 160 cm, or 5'3") and has rounded green eyes. Fiora has long blonde hair that falls just past her shoulders and a somewhat petite frame. However, despite her delicate frame Fiora is displayed to be rather physically fit. Fiora's starting outfit consists of a small top that reveals her midriff but conceals the navel. She wears a brown short mini-skirt and long leggings.
After the events of Galahad Fortress, Fiora has a different appearance with a mechanised body; she now possesses a white exoskeleton suit with two wing-like cannons and a shorter haircut.
Fiora has been shown to be a very kind and caring person who wants to help everyone. She is also a pacifist, as she pleads with Egil to stop his plans, even to going as far to forgive him before any other person within the party does. Fiora is also incredibly protective of Shulk, to the point where she does not even trust Reyn with his safety.
Fiora is an energetic, cheerful and playful person. She has been shown to be able to read people rather easily, such as when she predicted Reyn and Shulk would forget the Ether canisters and when she reads peoples' emotions in her Heart-to-Hearts. This trait has allowed her to get to know every member of the party extremely fast, possibly indicating that she can make friends easily. The byproduct of this trait is that Fiora can convey and show her emotions easily and does frequently, however she tends to show all of her emotions.
Despite being a careful person, Fiora will occasionally take rather reckless actions time to time, such as when she charged at Metal Face with a vehicle, an act that ultimately got her killed. She notes this in a Heart-to-Heart with Dunban and vows not to make the same mistake again. Fiora will do nearly anything to help people, but she often does so without thinking about how everyone will feel after the fact.
In some heart-to-hearts, it is implied that Fiora is in fact very scared about the situations she is in, but puts on a brave face so she does not feel like a dead weight. This trait further develops near the story's climax as starts to verbally express that she is a dead weight to everyone. Throughout the story, Fiora is a calm and collected person, rarely showing any form of anger.
During this attack, Fiora is separated from Shulk and Reyn and finds a Mobile Artillery that had previously crashed into a house. She pilots it, firing off several rounds of ammunition at Metal Face. She then charges Metal Face head on, blasting the artillery's main cannon at point-blank range. Despite all this, Metal Face takes very little damage and stabs Fiora, apparently killing her. Eventually, the Mechon raiders call back their troops and Metal Face is forced to leave. After the assault ends, Dunban comments that Fiora would not have wished for Shulk to feel remorse for her loss, as she died defending him.
Later, at Prison Island, it is revealed that she has been given the body of a machine to replace her damaged organic one and was turned into a silver-faced Mechon named Face Nemesis. She seemed to have no memory of her past life in Colony 9, however.
She is next seen on Valak Mountain stating that she must speak to Shulk. Their conversation is immediately interrupted by Metal Face, who is revealed to be Mumkhar. Mumkhar wants the Monado for himself and threatens to kill Fiora if Shulk does not hand it over to him, which Shulk does. They proceed to battle until the true leader of Mechonis, Egil, arrives and stops them. Egil then takes Fiora and her Faced Mechon back to Galahad Fortress.
At Galahad Fortress the party is forced to fight both Fiora and Egil. Eventually, Fiora's consciousness gives Face Nemesis the strength to break free of Egil's will and she destroys half of Galahad Fortress, sending Shulk and the others plummeting to the Fallen Arm in the process. After a heartfelt reunion with Shulk, during which she mentions another consciousness inside her, whom she believes needs help, she rejoins the party as the seventh party member. It is soon revealed that her separate consciousness is actually Meyneth, the soul of Mechonis, who had been implanted in Fiora by Vanea, Egil's sister.
Afterwards, it is seen that her mechanised body is only being kept alive through Meyneth's power dwelling within her. When Meyneth is killed by Zanza, it is made clear that Fiora does not have long to live inside her new body. Fiora purposely tries to withhold this from Shulk so that she can continue to assist the party and spare him emotional distress.
Following the credits, the player sees the new world through Fiora's perspective until she finds Shulk. Here, it is revealed that she has been turned back into a Homs, though still keeping her short haircut. After asking Shulk which style he prefers, he answers that he likes her just the way she is.
It is revealed in a short story from Xenoblade: The Secret File - Monado Archives that sometime between the events at the Mechonis Core and the ending scene, Linada informs Shulk of the possible existence of an ancient High Entia regeneration chamber which will give Fiora back her old body. However, Fiora must go into the chamber for six months. Shulk discovers the Regeneration Chamber behind a locked door in the cylinder hanger after having seen Melia, now queen of the High Entia, commanding it to open in a vision. Fiora refuses to go into the chamber until the party defeats Zanza, knowing that she would not be able to help them in her old body. Once Zanza has been destroyed, Fiora enters the chamber; however, the game does not show this. The final cutscene takes place after Fiora's half year in the regeneration chamber.
In battle, Fiora fights using a set of twin knives or daggers. She is a fast attacker, slightly weaker than Shulk in terms of offensive prowess, but able to deal fast, consecutive attacks.
After the events at Galahad Fortress, Fiora becomes the only party member able to wear Mechonis armour, which allows her to adapt her role in battle, as well as to inflict normal damage to Mechon without the need for Monado Enchant, Topple or anti-Mechon weapons. Fiora's ability to use Mechonis armour, as well as the variety of buffs she can obtain through her arts make her a highly adaptable fighter.
|Max Level||Max HP||Max Strength||Max Ether||Max Agility|
※ These stats are raw and do not include the bonuses from the skill lines.
- Each auto-attack hit adds 10% to her talent gauge (Butterfly Step); in her mechanised body, each auto-attack hit adds 4% to her talent gauge (Drones).
- Auto-attacks go off twice with each activation; Double Attacks will hit four times.
- Can do burst damage (both physical and ether) with several arts, especially her talent arts.
- Can use a variety of talent arts depending on the "foot" gear equipped.
- Drones [Talent Art] Activates the drones on Fiora's back, depending on her "Foot" equipment
- Cannon Drones (deal great ether damage in a straight line)
- Gun Drones (a 6-hit area ether damage combo)
- Sword Drones (a 10-hit physical combo on a single enemy)
- Shield Drones (At level 1 it mimics Shulk's Talent Art "Monado Shield", but at level 2 provides debuff immunity)
- Double Blade (triples damage as a back-attack)
- Spear Blade (using this on a Toppled enemy triples damage)
- Cross Impact (2-hit combo, inflicts Daze if enemy is Toppled)
- Healing Energy [Aura] (removes debuffs, grants regenerate)
- Zero Gravity (inflicts Paralysis in a circle around Fiora, fills Talent Gauge if used on Toppled enemies)
- Ether Drain (lowers enemy Ether and increases Fiora's, bigger effect when used on more than 1 enemy)
- Air Fang (2-hit combo that inflicts Break)
- Double Wind (damages enemies in a frontal cone, increases Tension)
- Second Gear (increases physical Arts damage)
- Lock On [Aura] (increases critical hit rate, causes Lock On, receiving damage fills Talent Gauge)
- Mag Storm (inflicts Daze on Toppled Mechon in a circle around Fiora)
- Shutdown (inflicts sleep, purges buffs and debuffs when used on Mechon)
- Guard Shift [Aura] (guarantees physical block, reduces attack power)
- Power Drain (lowers enemy Strength and increases Fiora's, bigger effect when used on more than one enemy)
- Speed Shift [Aura] (grants Haste, increases Double Attack, decreases physical defense)
- Final Cross (4-hit combo in a frontal cone, forces Topple, requires very high Tension)
- For information on levelling battle arts, see Levelling Battle Arts.
- Butterfly Step [Talent Art] 4-hit combo
- Power Smash (triples damage as a back-attack)
- Screw Edge (inflicts break on a single target)
- Hidden Thorn (Inflicts daze on a toppled target)
- Lacerate (deals damage and inflicts bleed)
Fiora has the following Skill Trees:
Courage is one of Fiora's initial three skill trees. The first skill is unlocked when she joins the party, and changes when she rejoins the party much later in the game.
Prioritizing Courage improves Fiora's Critical Hit rate based on the number of skills that have been unlocked in this tree:
|Critical Hit Rate Increase||4%||6%||8%||10%||15%|
|Frame||Skill||Effect||SP Cost||Link Cost|
|Medium Equipment|| Allows Medium Armour to be equipped.|
(only accessible in the beginning of the game)
|Mechonis Equipment|| Allows special armour from Mechonis to be equipped.|
(after the events in Galahad Fortress)
|Desperate Daggers||Increases counter-attack rate when HP is at half by 15%.||700||2|
|Second Wind||Increases amount of HP restored when revived by 20%.||1000||--|
|Ultimate Strike||Increases damage of critical hits by 20%.||2000||13|
|Unwavering Courage||Fills Party Gauge by 50 if two allies are Incapacitated.||3500||28|
Daring is one of Fiora's initial three skill trees.
Prioritizing Daring improves Fiora's Strength based on the number of skills that have been unlocked in this tree:
|Frame||Skill||Effect||SP Cost||Link Cost|
|Battle Stance||75% chance to grant Strength Up 15% buff at start of battle.||300||2|
|Opening Blow||Increases damage of the first strike of battle by 50%.||700||6|
|Nimble Feet||Increases movement speed by 4%.||1000||5|
|Physical Resilience||Reduces physical damage taken by 10%.||2000||30|
|Showdown Stance||All Stats Up buff at start of battle with higher-level monsters.||3500||19|
Zeal is one of Fiora's initial three skill trees.
Prioritizing Zeal improves Fiora's Max HP based on the number of skills that have been unlocked in this tree:
|Max HP Increase||2%||4%||6%||8%||10%||15%|
|Frame||Skill||Effect||SP Cost||Link Cost|
|Desperate Defence||Increases block rate by 15% when HP is at 50% or less||300||2|
|Swift Strike||20% chance of Haste buff for 30 seconds at the start of a battle||700||4|
|Acceleration||Increases EXP gained from battles by 20%||1000||29|
|Strength of Will||Reduces ether damage taken by 10%||2000||30|
|Strong Links||Grants Haste buff for 15 seconds with Burst Start Affinity||3500||20|
Prioritizing Rashness improves Fiora's counter-attack rate based on the number of skills that have been unlocked in this tree:
|Counter Attack Rate Increase||2%||5%||10%||12%||15%||20%|
|Frame||Skill||Effect||SP Cost||Link Cost|
|Vision Mode||Boosts damage of next Art by 25% when warned of a Vision||200||18|
|Ultimate Counter||All counter attacks are also critical hits||500||60|
|Vital Force||2% chance that dealing damage will fill the Talent Gauge||800||70|
|Critical Combo||All double attacks are also critical hits||1000||75|
|Explosion of Energy||Using talent arts will raise tension by one level||1500||80|
Prioritizing Innocence improves Fiora's Ether Defence based on the number of skills that have been unlocked in this tree:
|Ether Defence Increase||2%||5%||10%||12%||15%||20%|
|Frame||Skill||Effect||SP Cost||Link Cost|
|Maiden's Power||Improves Chain Attack damage when in battle with Shulk.||200||--|
|Maiden's Courage||Increases Arts damage if warned of a vision by Shulk.||500||--|
|Maiden's Blessing||Restores HP when taking damage when in battle with Shulk.||800||--|
|Maiden's Zeal|| Prevents tension from becoming low if in battle with Shulk.|
(prevents Very Low tension)
|Maiden's Miracle||Grants All Stats Up buff when encouraged by Shulk||1500||--|
Fiora owns unique Shooter and Engineer abilities for Gem Crafting, they are:
- Cylinder Plus: Crafting begins with 3 full cylinder gauges.
- Strong Flame: Terrible
- Medium Flame: Great
- Gentle Flame: Terrible
- Chewy Radish (Vegetable; Colony 9)
- Cute Parsnip (Vegetable; Satorl Marsh)
- Ice Cabbage (Vegetable; Valak Mountain)
- Delerium Foxglove (Flower; Sword Valley)
- Fatal Belladonna (Flower; Valak Mountain)
- Happy Rabbit (Animal; Tephra Cave)
- Lightning Weasel (Animal; Prison Island)
- Fossil Monkey (Animal; Makna Forest)
- Oil Fox (Animal; Central Factory)
- Shiny Scarab (Bug; Mechonis Field)
- Ha Ha Ha (Strange; Alcamoth)
- Love Crane (Strange; Ether Mine)
- Tweet Tweet (Strange; Mechonis Field)
- Dawn Dice (Strange; Satorl Marsh)
In Xenoblade Chronicles 2
As a Blade
Shulk and Fiora make an appearance in Challenge Battle Mode, released as part of Version 1.5.0 for players with the Expansion Pass. In it, the two appear as Blades; like Poppibuster, they can freely switch between Drivers (excluding Tora) without the need of an Overdrive Protocol. However, they initially cannot be taken out of the Land of Challenge. Fiora uses the Wind element, wields Knives, and acts as an Healer in battle.
- Lv. 1 - Hidden Thorn - Quickly close in on the enemy and dice them into submission.
- Lv. 2 - Power Smash - Charge up power, then unleash it in a series of airborne spinning attacks.
- Lv. 3 - Lacerate - Deliver a rising attack, followed up with a strong downward blow.
- Lv. 4 - Butterfly Step - Overwhelm the enemy with a flurry of high-speed blows.
- Critical Up - Increases critical hit rate.
- Arts Plus - Boosts power of next Driver Art.
- Recharge Boost - Boosts Arts recharge from auto-attack.
- Warrior Valkyrie - Increases party critical hit rate by 20% to 40% at max Affinity.
- Explosion of Enemy - Increases damage dealt by 5% to 15% each time a critical hit is dealt (max: 300%).
- Unwavering Courage - 20% to 40% more damage dealt for each enemy in the battle (max: 250%).
- Ichthyology - Lv. 3
- Fortitude - Lv. 3
- Nopon Wisdom - Lv. 3
- Pouch item types: Seafood, Cosmetics
- Pouch items: Whitebait-Samod Hotpot (Seafood), Elastifying Tonic (Cosmetics)
|Type||Name||Skill Level||Affinity Level||Effect||Prerequisite||Count||Flavor Text|
|Key Affinity Reward||1||1||Unlocks level 1 of the Affinity Chart|
|2||2||Unlocks level 2 of the Affinity Chart||Increase Trust||100||"I guess I got stronger?"|
|3||3||Unlocks level 3 of the Affinity Chart. Affinity bond will be easier to sustain||Increase Trust||700||"There's still progress to be made!"|
|4||4||Unlocks level 4 of the Affinity Chart||Increase Trust||2,000||"I'll stand by my friends through thick and thin."|
|5||5||Unlocks level 5 of the Affinity Chart||Increase Trust||4,000||"When it comes to protecting those you love, there's no such thing as 'too much power'!"|
|Blade Special||Hidden Thorn||1||1||Spawns a small HP Potion on hit, with a 60% chance to spawn 2|
|2||2||Spawns a small HP Potion on hit, with a 70% chance to spawn 2||Complete the Challenge Battle "Bewitching Dance"||1||"Pests eliminated! ...Though I do feel bad for the poor things..."|
|3||3||Spawns a small HP Potion on hit, with a 80% chance to spawn 2||Use Hidden Thorn||20||"Well isn't this fancy?"|
|4||4||Spawns a small HP Potion on hit, with a 90% chance to spawn 2||Use Hidden Thorn||25||"More power for me! I'll test it out in the next skirmish."|
|5||5||Spawns a small HP Potion on hit, with a 100% chance to spawn 2||Complete the Challenge Battle "Reinventing the Gogol"||1||"You know I'd never lose to a novice."|
|Power Smash||1||1||Absorbs 60% of critical damage dealt as HP|
|2||2||Absorbs 70% of critical damage dealt as HP||Use Power Smash||10||"This move should pack some extra punch now."|
|3||3||Absorbs 80% of critical damage dealt as HP||Use Power Smash||15||"Ah, I think I know the trick now!"|
|4||4||Absorbs 90% of critical damage dealt as HP||Complete the Challenge Battle "Fiercest Faction"||1||"Victory is ours! I guess that makes 'us' the fiercest faction, huh?"|
|5||5||Absorbs 100% of critical damage dealt as HP||Complete the Challenge Battle "Serious Showdown"||1||"There were two of them, and they went all in, and we still won! Go us!"|
|Lacerate||1||1||When landing a hit, restores 30% of damage dealt to the whole party|
|2||2||When landing a hit, restores 35% of damage dealt to the whole party||Use Lacerate||5||"This'll come in handy next time."|
|3||3||When landing a hit, restores 40% of damage dealt to the whole party||Complete the Challenge Battle "Temperantian Standoff"||1||"Power isn't everything, you know. Sometimes you need wiles, too."|
|4||4||When landing a hit, restores 45% of damage dealt to the whole party||Use Lacerate||10||"Aren't I something?"|
|5||5||When landing a hit, restores 50% of damage dealt to the whole party||Complete the Challenge Battle "Attack of the Aspar"||1||"If Aspar can keep growing, so can we! In power, I mean. Obviously!"|
|Battle Skill||Warrior Valkyrie||1||1||Increases party critical hit rate by 20% at max Affinity||Complete the Challenge Battle "Pest Control"||1||"Thanks to us, the fields can keep growing things in peace."|
|2||2||Increases party critical hit rate by 25% at max Affinity||Use a Blade Art||20||"You do your best, and I'll make sure you succeed."|
|3||3||Increases party critical hit rate by 30% at max Affinity||Complete Challenge Battles (Previous instances count towards total)||5||"All right, what's the next challenge? There's still plenty to go around."|
|4||4||Increases party critical hit rate by 35% at max Affinity||Use a Blade Art||40||"I'll protect everyone, or my name isn't 'Fiora'."|
|5||5||Increases party critical hit rate by 40% at max Affinity||Complete Challenge Battles (Previous instances count towards total)||10||"That should be all of them. Congrats!"|
|Explosion of Energy||1||1||Increases damage dealt by 5% each time a critical hit is dealt (max:300)|
|2||2||Increases damage dealt by 7% each time a critical hit is dealt (max:300)||Collect a lot of Ether Cubes in Challenge Battles. (Previous instances count towards total.)||4,000||"I feel like we can do better."|
|3||3||Increases damage dealt by 10% each time a critical hit is dealt (max:300)||Collect a lot of Ether Cubes in Challenge Battles. (Previous instances count towards total.)||11,000||"That's a fair few we've collected!"|
|4||4||Increases damage dealt by 12% each time a critical hit is dealt (max:300)||Collect a lot of Ether Cubes in Challenge Battles. (Previous instances count towards total.)||21,000||"We're in the home stretch now!"|
|5||5||Increases damage dealt by 15% each time a critical hit is dealt (max:300)||Collect a lot of Ether Cubes in Challenge Battles. (Previous instances count towards total.)||34,000||"There. I think that should be enough."|
|Unwavering Courage||1||1||20% more damage dealt for each enemy in the battle (max: 250%)|
|2||2||25% more damage dealt for each enemy in the battle (max: 250%)||Receive a certain amount of total damage||5,000||"Some things in life you just have to... wait out, I guess."|
|3||3||30% more damage dealt for each enemy in the battle (max: 250%)||Collect an HP Potion||20||"Heal early and heal often, that's my motto."|
|4||4||35% more damage dealt for each enemy in the battle (max: 250%)||Receive a certain amount of total damage||50,000||"Tougher than you thought, eh?"|
|5||5||40% more damage dealt for each enemy in the battle (max: 250%)||Collect an HP Potion||100||"Shore up on our defenses! And if things get dicey, don't forget to heal."|
|Field Skill||Ichthyology||1||3||Knowledge related to fish||Use Cloud Sea Crab Sticks||1||"Mythra likes these too, right? Girl's got good taste! Yum!"|
|2||4||Use a Bagna Oyster Roll||1||"I'm learning a lot from you all! Though a lot of it seems to be about food..."|
|3||5||Use Fiora's favorite pouch item from the Seafood category||1||"I'd never had that fish before, but I kinda like it!"|
|Fortitude||1||3||The power to endure hardships. It even helps cope with boring jobs||Walk a lot||5,000||"It's a great big new world out there! Let's tread carefully."|
|2||4||Swim a lot||100||"Swimming in the Cloud Sea feels like... It feels like nothing else!"|
|3||5||Walk a lot||10,000||"It's so much fun having a whole new world to explore!"|
|Nopon Wisdom||1||3||Knowledge related to Nopon. Decode writing, speak Nopon, etc.||Collect Fusty Funguses (Currently held items count towards total)||10||"So this is what Nopon like? Hmm..."|
|2||4||Collect Nopopomouli (Currently held items count towards total)||5||"It looks just like a Nopon! Cute!"|
|3||5||Use Honey au Lait||1||"Nopon look cute, but they certainly have a dark side to them..."|
In Project X Zone 2
Fiora is a playable character in Project X Zone 2, a strategy RPG developed by Monolith Soft. She appears in the game and is one half of a pair unit, partnered with KOS-MOS from Monolith's Xenosaga series.
In Super Smash Bros.
Fiora has two Trophies, one of her Homs form and one of her half-Mechon form, dubbed Mecha-Fiora in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U.
Fiora also makes an appearance in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, with her Mecha-Fiora form now appearing in Shulk's Final Smash. She also has two Spirits that can be found on the Spirit Board as well as in the Adventure mode; her Hom form is available as a Support Spirit in World of Light that provides the Made of Metal ability, and her Mecha-Fiora form appears as a Primary Spirit in the World of Dark's Sacred Realm. The Mecha-Fiora Spirit grants its user boosted jump abilities. Her Mecha-Fiora form is an icon to select for the player's online profile.
- Main article: Fiora's Quotes
- "Sometimes, you just gotta get wild."
- "I'll carry on fighting beside you until the very end."
- "It is not only you that has the right. Every living thing has the freedom to choose the path they walk. And THAT is the future!"
- "Dunban, don't say that! The Mechon have gone now! Why would you say that?"
- "Ah-ah! I'm coming along as well. I'd feel better going with you boys than sitting at home worrying about you. So, let's get moving."
- Shulk: [after reviving Fiora] "Fiora. You're awake. Uh...do you remember? My name is Shu―"
[Fiora puts her hand on Shulk's cheek, and he looks at her expression of content with surprise.]
- Fiora: "I can't believe it. My first kiss."
- Shulk: [overjoyed] "You do remember me! Fiora!"
- Fiora: [nods] "Of course I do, Shulk."
[The two embrace.]
- In her Mechon form, Fiora has a built in radar and tracking device, according to "Brother and Sister".
- When Fiora first wields her twin weapons she holds them downwards. However, after the events of Galahad Fortress she wields them all upwards.
- When Battling Brutes is received, Dulland mentions that the party looks strong. However Fiora gets upset by this, thinking he is speaking about her, and she realizes she does not look as feminine in her new body.
- Fiora and Face Nemesis appear in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U as two different trophies.
- Fiora is the first character from the Xenoblade Chronicles franchise to star in a different game franchise that is not owned by Nintendo, specifically, Project X Zone 2.
- Fiora is the first Nintendo character in Project X Zone 2 to be partnered up with a non-Nintendo character, KOS-MOS.
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
In Project X Zone 2
|Characters in Xenoblade Chronicles|
|Playable Characters||Dunban · Fiora · Melia · Reyn · Riki · Sharla · Shulk|
|Homs||Alvis · Dickson · Gadolt · Juju · Mumkhar · Otharon · Vangarre|
|Nopon||Chief Dunga · Oka|
|High Entia||Kallian · Lorithia · Sorean · Tyrea · Yumea|
|Machina||Egil · Linada · Miqol · Vanea|
|Gods||Meyneth · Zanza|