HP Potions (Japanese: 回復ポット, Kaifuku potto, Recovery Pots) are items and battle mechanics in Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and Torna ~ The Golden Country. They appear as green phials on the ground during battle. Some Driver Arts, such as Rex's Anchor Shot, or Specials can cause them to drop from enemies they hit. Any ally in battle can pick them up to restore HP to all allies engaged in battle.
HP Potions sizes
HP Potions come in three sizes:
- A Small HP Potion appears when an enemy is successfully hit by an HP Potion Driver Art. (If the Art hits multiple times, only the first hit matters). There is a 10% chance per level of the Art to drop 2 instead of 1. Some Specials drop HP Potions. Small HP Potions restore 10% HP.
- A Medium HP Potion appears when an enemy is inflicted with Topple or Launch. Medium HP Potions restore 25% HP
- A Large HP Potion appears when an enemy is inflicted with Smash. Large HP Potions restore 40% HP.
In Torna ~ The Golden Country, Small HP Potions recover 8% HP, Medium HP Potions recover 20% HP and Large HP Potions recover 32% HP.
Arts that drop HP Potions
- Anchor Shot (Rex, Aegis Sword)
- Saber Slash (Rex, Catalyst Scimitar)
- Touchdown (Rex, Bitball)
- Grand Smash (Rex, Knuckle Claws)
- Strong Saucer (Rex, Twin Rings)
- Withering Assault (Rex, Calamity Scythe)
- Skyward Edge (Rex, Knives)
- Dolphin Spin (Nia, Bitball)
- Deadly Twister (Nia, Knuckle Claws)
- Jaguar Slash (Nia, Twin Rings)
- Capra Assault (Nia, Calamity Scythe)
- Avian Spin (Nia, Knives)
- Dragonbane Shot (Mòrag, Bitball)
- Sneak Hit (Mòrag, Knuckle Claws)
- Halo Strike (Mòrag, Twin Rings)
- Sacred Beast's Blessing (Mòrag, Calamity Scythe)
- Draconic Lunge (Mòrag, Knives)
- Precipitous Impact (Zeke, Bitball)
- Dynamite Knuckle (Zeke, Knuckle Claws)
- Clear Divide (Zeke, Twin Rings)
- Bewilder Slash (Zeke, Calamity Scythe)
- Flareflash Divide (Zeke, Knives)