For those who have not completed games in the Xenoblade Chronicles series, this page contains spoilers regarding the plot. Discretion is advised.
- "I'm Lin Lee Koo—mechanic and top all-around fix-it-gal for BLADE."
- – Lin
Lin Lee Koo (Japanese: リンリー・クー, Rinrī Kū, Lynlee Ku; English dub: /ˈlɪn ˈliː ˈkuː/), better known by her nickname Lin, is one of the eight main playable characters of Xenoblade Chronicles X. She is the narrator of the main story's prologue and epilogue. She is called Linly (English dub: /ˈlɪn.li/) by Tatsu.
Lin is the second scripted party member to be revealed after Elma. She is described as a genius and is an expert engineer at BLADE. She is a member of the Outfitters Division, involved in the development of the Skells. Lin joins the party after meeting her during Chapter 1.
- 1 Appearance
- 2 Personality
- 3 Gameplay
- 4 Story
- 5 In Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- 6 Trivia
- 7 Quotes
- 8 Gallery
Lin is a thirteen year old human girl, she has short black hair, which is cut in a chin-length bob, and black eyes. Her bangs extend across her forehead and reach as far as her eyebrows. She wears two Monado hairpins on the upper sides of her head. Her initial armor consists of white and black Sakuraba Industries Light Wear.
Lin is an energetic young girl who is deeply fascinated by Skells, and anything related to machines. Although she speaks like a teenage girl might be expected to, she is actually shown to be a very intelligent individual. She respects Elma even when she teases her, and thinks of her as a very cool person. She and Tatsu have a close relationship, and interact as if siblings. They constantly bicker and tease each other like little children, often due to Lin's jokes about cooking Tatsu.
If she is not in the party, Lin can be found in the BLADE Barracks cooking food, with Tatsu next to her. She can join the party if asked by the lead party member. If Lin is in the party, Tatsu automatically joins as a guest. Similarly, if Lin leaves the party, so will Tatsu.
Lin can be recruited after meeting her in Chapter 1.
The Class of Lin is Shield Trooper. When she is first recruited, she is level 5 and rank 3. She wields a Shield and a Gatling Gun. Her two Signature Arts are Fire Carnival (Gatling Gun) and Drum Roll (Shield). She has three skill slots. Her class progression is as follows:
|15||Cool Off||Long Topple|
|♥||Flight Time||Outfitters Test Hangar||Night||—|
|♥♥||Old Dogs and New Tricks||West Melville St.||Afternoon||Dog|
|♥♥♥||The Popular Girl||Division Drive||Afternoon||—|
|♥♥♥♥||Dinner Discussion||Barista Court||Evening||—|
|♥♥♥♥♥||Passions||Deliverance Park||Morning||A Girl's Wings|
- Main article: Xenoblade Chronicles X (plot)
Lin is first seen shortly after Cross enters New Los Angeles for the first time. Cross and Elma witness Doug trying to pilot a malfunctioning Skell, before crashing it nearby. Lin is then seen driving over to check on the Skell's situation. After analyzing the Skell, Lin welcomes Elma back from her quest and introduces herself to Cross. She then joins the party, accompanying Cross and Elma for the entire plot.
In Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
Lin is an obtainable spirit in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. She is a Novice support spirit, grab type. The battle takes place at Shadow Moses Island (w/ hazards). Lin is represented by Daisy in her black dress. Accompanying her is a light blue alt. Mega Man and a light blue alt. Rob. The battle conditions are that you must defeat Daisy to win and that Daisy starts with a Drill. As a spirit, she is a 1-slot, giving the ability of Energy Shot Resist.
- It is unknown if Lin's Monado hair clips serve any purpose beyond a simple reference or allusion to Xenoblade Chronicles.
- Lin herself bears a strong resemblance to M.O.M.O. Mizrahi from Xenosaga.
- Lin shares some Soul Voices with Lao.
|Drawing weapon||Lin in lead||Lin in party|
|Against enemy||"Alright, moving in!"||"Locked and loaded."|
|Against a Tyrant||"Only one of us is going down!"||"Only one of us is going down!"|
|Against a large enemy||"Get ready for a whipping!"||"Jeez, all I see is its legs!"|
|Against a higher-leveled enemy||"Alright, moving in!"||"You won't beat me!"|
|In Skell||"Get ready for a whipping!"||"No mercy!"|
|Topple||"I'm goin' down!!"|
|Knockback||"Hey! Lay off!"|
|Stun||"I can't move!"|
|Sleep||"I'm starting to get... sleepy..."|
|Control||"Woah, who's controlling my body?!"|
|An enemy notices the party||"Oh! They've seen us!""This can't be good."|
|A large enemy notices the party||"How is this even remotely fair?!"|
|A higher-leveled enemy notices the party||"This can't be good."|
|Very low HP||"Come on... hit harder..."|
|Incapacitated||"I don't want it to end... like this... Ugh..."|
|Reviving an ally||"Are you okay? We can do this."|
"Sorry about that."
|Accumulating 3000 TP||"Leave this to me!"|
|Activating Overdrive (Ground gear)||"Let's get cooking!"|
|Activating Overdrive (Skell)||"Overdrive! Help me out!"|
|Overdrive counter hits 50||"I'm just getting started!"|
|Overdrive counter hits 100||"A hundred and rising."|
|Entering Skell||"I'm gonna use my Skell. Get in Tatsu!"|
|Exiting Skell||"Skell is not gonna cut it. Out we go Tatsu!"|
|Skell's fuel runs low||"I'm low on fuel. Got to conserve."|
|Skell's fuel runs out||"Out of fuel. Switching to ground gear."|
|An enemy joins the battle||"Where did they all come from?"|
|Soul Voice responses||"Watch me lay into 'em!"
"I'll take 'em down!"
|Responding to battle commands||"Got it."
"Leave it to me."
|Leveling up||"Level up! I think even my cooking got better."|
|Winning a battle||"Hope I didn't get in the way."
"Let's keep it up!"
|Winning a battle in a Skell||"Man, aren't Skells just the best? One day, I'm gonna build one from scratch."|
|Melee||"This is it!"
"Hey, hold still!"
|Missile||"Firing all rounds!"|
|Debuff||"I'll weaken 'em! Follow me!"|
|Buff||"Buffing up! How's this?"|
|Strong Melee||"So long!"|
|Strong Ranged||"Output at max! C'mon..."|
- "Punch first, ask questions later!"
- "Gimme some cover fire!"
- "I'm almost down, but not out!"
- "Yes! Hit 'em again for me!"
- "Who cares how big they are? Concentrate your fire!"
- "Ready! Get your adrenaline going!"
- "I toppled 'em! Close in!"
- "They're strong... We need to regroup!"
- "We should weaken them just to be safe!"
- "Sorry. I can't seem to get fired up..."
- "Sorry... You guys take it from...here..."
- "Appendage down! Weaken 'em and lay in!"
- "Got 'em! Lay down some cover fire!"
- "Here I go! Back me up with an aura!"
- "I'll hold 'em! Let 'em have it!"
- "I need a refuel!"
|Male Cross (Heroic)||Cross - "Fate dealt us these cards, so we have to play them!"
Lin - "I'll help you out any way I can. We can do this!"
|Male Cross (Joker)||Cross - "Everybody okay? Don't make me haul my butt home solo."
Lin - "Don't worry, we'll all be here."
|Male Cross (Rebel)||Cross - "GOD! What is with this planet?"
Lin - "I know... all these yummy ingredients and no time to cook them!"
|Male Cross (Rookie)||Cross - "Keep moving! We can reflect on our battles later."
Lin - "Yeah, no point in beating ourselves up over it."
|Male Cross (Studious)||Cross - "Well...I apologize for losing my cool just then."
Lin - "You call that losing your cool? That's not even a point one on the Vandham scale."
|Male Cross (Classic)||Cross - "I know we're fighting for humanity, but this all feels so futile."
Lin - "We still have to do our best. Let someone else figure out what it all means."
|Male Cross (Warrior)||Cross - "Men are like stones, smoothed by the tides of battle."
Lin - "Cooking is like that too. Practice makes perfect!"
|Female Cross (Heroic)||Cross - "Another dawn to dusk work day? Sounds like fun to me!"
Lin - "I feel like there's a subtext here that I'm too young to understand."
|Female Cross (Joker)||Cross - "Meh, I'm BUSHED! Did I do all the work or what?"
Lin - "Sorry, I'll try harder next time."
|Female Cross (Independent)||Cross - "C'mon, there's no time to lose. We've got a mountain of things to do!"
Lin - "O-okay... But what about all the stuff I wanna do?"
|Female Cross (Mature)||Cross - "[sigh] These Miran winds are not very compatible with my hair."
Lin - "Mia was saying that Ma-non oil -shampoo is really great."
|Female Cross (Peppy)||Cross - "One small step for BLADE, one giant leap for humankind."
Lin - "I'll be there for you every step of the way!"
|Female Cross (Classic)||Cross - "Is it over? I haven't even finished rolling up my sleeves."
Lin - "Seriously? I was going at like a hundred and twenty percent."
|Female Cross (Soldier)||Cross - "I'm torn; do I master hand-to-hand combat, or focus on ranged attacks?"
Lin - "Personally I wanna be an equally good cook and a mechanic!"
|Elma||Elma - "So, have you picked out today's menu, Lin?"
Lin - "Not yet. Depends if Tatsu can make it or not... if you know what I mean."
|Alexa||Alexa - "Lin, did you order a ticket to the Skell exhibition?"
Lin - "They went on sale? Oh man, I gotta get on that once we're home."
|Lao||Lao - "So, Lin, what do you say? Do we feast on the talking potato tonight?"
Lin - "I say we fatten him up another 500 grams or so."
|Nagi||Lin - "Did you like the lunch I made you sir?"
Nagi - "Both I and my taste buds thank you Lin."
|Celica||Lin - "Celica, did you hear Donut Planet's doing a two-day all-you-can-eat?"
Celica - "Seriously? Oh my, we have to go! May I bring Rock along?"
|Mia||Lin - "What do you use on your hair Mia? It's always so shiny and stuff."
Mia - "Ma-non oil-shampoo, all the girls in the city are hooked!"
|Anytime (spoken)||"Let's head out!"||"Okay. Let's move out."||"Ohh..."|
|Before A Girl's Wings||"Cross! Hey! You heading off somewhere? Mind if I tag along? I keep hitting dead ends with my Skell flight module project, and it's making my brain start to hurt... I think a little BLADE work in the great outdoors would be just the thing to clear my head. So how about it?"||"Thanks, Cross! The fresh air will do me good!"||"Oh, okay. I bet the mission's a real toughie, huh? Well, thanks for looking out for me."|
|After A Girl's Wings||"How's your Skell flight module holding up? I'd love to see how it performs in the field... Mind taking me with you?"||"Awesome! I'm so excited!"||"Aww, all right. I guess I'll go make dinner then. Come back if you get hungry!"|
|After Chapter 11||"I can't believe we're finally gonna get the Lifehold Core back! I'll do anything to make this work out, so take me along, okay?"||"Thanks, Cross! You won't regret this!"||"Aww, all right. Good luck out there, you hear? Make sure you come back safe!|
|After Chapter 12||"Hey, you heading off again? I was just thinking I could use a little adventure myself... Come on, take me with you, okay? Please? I'll go anywhere you want!"||"Fantastic! Let's get this party started!"||"Fiiine. I'll just hang out at boring old home then. But at least bring me some fresh ingredients to mess around with in the kitchen, okay?"|
- "Oh, I'm checking. I just seriously doubt— Hey, look at that! The intake/exhaust bypass is reversed. Oh man, it's a good thing I caught that..."
- "Enjoy your stay in the administrative district, and thank you for flying Lin Lee Airlines."
- "Get...a load...of that Skell... Even the way that they WALK is sooo coooool... Oh yeah, work it baby... Mmm-mmm-mmm."
- "We. Are. Awesooome!"
- "I don't get it... Why would they be so bent on killing all humans?"
- "Uh-huh. Whattaya think, Elma? Bake or fry?"
- "Pipe down, Small Fry—or I'll make that nickname come true."
- "Why would you do this? Why do you hate us?!"
- "What a little drama queen..."
- "I'm going to have to take you offline for a bit here, okay? We'll resuscitate you back in New LA. Don't worry, you're gonna be fine. I promise, okay?"
- "Well, of course! After all this time watching over you and fattening you up, I'm not about to let my prize turkey go to some rabid indigens!"
- "It's a debt I try to repay every day. Helping out folks any way I can."
- "And how exactly do you plan to do that?! All the "spinny-planes" have already left! You're gonna have to walk back! Through all those tainted! You won't last 10 seconds out here!"
- "Blowing up our Lifehold...amuses you?"
- "Yeah, you're right. It's much easier to be brave with you guys here! Sorry to worry you—I'll be fine. Now c'mon—let's kick some Ganglion butt!"
- "That's why I'm going. Exactly why. I'm part of a team, and we have a job to do. If it's going to be dangerous, that's all the more reason for us to stick together. And I'm a lot more capable than you think, Lao. But I know you're trying to look out for me. And I appreciate it."
- "I wouldn't call them kitties to their face, small fry. They'd slice you up, brine the wedges, add a nice butter-cream sauce, then—"
- "I need this to work. I need to make this happen. It's the last homework assignment I'll ever have."
- "I guess those mim makers knew what they were doing after all."
- "Or the key to...survival..."
- "No, dammit, that's not even the point! We're all on the same side here!"
- "It's disturbing and corrupt and disgusting. And yet...that's exactly what makes us human! Maybe...maybe we really should've been wiped out of existence... But... But then..."
- "And you know what they say: can't go to war on an empty stomach."
- "It's so quiet... I feel like we're back in the cathedral."
- "Okay—but then I'm fighting, too. Not just for our sake...but for his. And you...are you with me? Thank you."
- "It's not about how you look. It's the person you are on the inside—that's what counts!"
- "Right, back to New LA. We're ready now... Ready to go home."
- "Everyone says the Earth died that day. But not me—I don't believe it. The White Whale couldn't have been the only ark to escape, either. There must be other survivors out there."
- "He's 80...and kind of hot. That is so gross."
- "All right, ugly, you asked for it! No one eats my friend!"
- "...WIFE?! Uh no, no we've got another misunderstanding here..."
|Characters in Xenoblade Chronicles X|
|Playable Characters||Cross · Doug · Elma · Gwin · Irina · L · Lao · Lin|
|Recruitable Characters||Alexa · Bozé · Celica · Frye · H.B. · Hope · Mia · Murderess · Nagi · Phog · Yelv|
|Supporting Characters||Maurice · Rock · Tatsu · Vandham|
|Antagonists||Dagahn · Goetia · Luxaar · Ryyz|