- "We can't allow just anyone to waltz into our city on a whim. How much do we know about him?"
- – Maurice
Maurice Chausson (Japanese: モーリス・ショーソン, Mōrisu Shōson; English dub: /ˌmɔːrˈiːs ˌʃoʊˈsɒn/, or /ʃoˈsɔ̃/ as in French), or Director General Chausson, is a character in Xenoblade Chronicles X. He was formerly an American defense minister, and later presidential aide. He self-appointed himself as the chief executive of the New Los Angeles autonomous government. Maurice arrogantly believes he is a representative of humanity on Mira. However, he doesn't seem to be acting for the sake of personal gain, but rather to carry on the ideals of a woman named Mira Torres who planet Mira is named after.
New Los Angeles NPC
- "Had I known I'd be forced to wait, I would have brought a book."
- "All intelligence is useful, Colonel. It's just a matter of finding the best lens to view it through."
- "As we often said on Earth, the enemy of my enemy is my friend."
- It is revealed at the end of the affinity mission "Spy Games", that Maurice had a son, whom he sent on a mission on Earth before the departure of the White Whale.
|Characters in Xenoblade Chronicles X|
|Playable Characters||Cross · Doug · Elma · Gwin · Irina · L · Lao · Lin|
|Recruitable Characters||Alexa · Bozé · Celica · Frye · H.B. · Hope · Mia · Murderess · Nagi · Phog · Yelv|
|Supporting Characters||Maurice · Rock · Tatsu · Vandham|
|Antagonists||Dagahn · Goetia · Luxaar · Ryyz|