The Party Gauge is a battle mechanic in Xenoblade Chronicles, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, and Torna ~ The Golden Country. It is a three-bar gauge displayed on the top left corner of the screen. A full bar is necessary to revive an incapacitated member. The full gauge is necessary to initiate a Chain Attack.
The Party Gauge in Xenoblade Chronicles is a blue three-bar gauge filled during battles whenever a "B" prompt is successful. It can be also filled by using some arts, a special support or ether art such as Happy Happy, a successful side or back hit physical art such as Slit Edge or Back Slash. Simple Auto-Attacks of a member if its Tension is high will fill the Party Gauge step by step. Defeating an enemy during a Chain Attack fills the Party Gauge by one bar. Landing a Critical Hit increases the Party Gauge slightly.
When not in battle, the Party Gauge will slowly deplete. This effect can be lessened through the "Mind of the Warrior" Skill granted by Dunban's Prudence Skill Tree. Loading the game will completely deplete the Party Gauge.
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
In Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and Torna ~ The Golden Country, the Party Gauge is a white three-bar gauge that is filled as the party characters fight together. The energy gathered in a full bar is necessary to revive an incapacitated member and the full gauge is necessary to initiate a Chain Attack, where each Driver attacks in succession with their Blades' Specials.
It can be filled by triggering an Art's conditional or chance effect, which results in a gold pattern around damage numbers. It also increases whenever a Driver or Blade Combo advances, an HP Potion is picked up or a Critical Hit is inflicted.
Each action fills the Party Gauge by a different amount:
|Trigger Art's conditional effect||2|
|Inflict a Critical Hit||3|
|HP Potion picked up||4|
|Perform Blade Combo (Stage 1)||5|
|Perform Blade Combo (Stage 2)||10|
|Perform Blade Combo (Stage 3)||20|
A full Party Gauge requires 300 points. Depending on the bar segment that is being filled up the rate of gains changes, as the Party Gauge increases by less as it becomes fuller.
- 0 bars full: +25% more Party Gauge gains.
- 1 bar full: Normal Party Gauge gains.
- 2 bars full: -25% more Party Gauge gains.
Equipment can influence the process of filling up the Party Gauge. Pouch Items have effects that boost gauge gains, most noticeably those in the Drinks and Charms categories. Certain accessories offer effects that can significantly fill it upon performing certain actions:
- Sigma Drive - Slightly fills the Party Gauge for each Driver Art used.
- Effect depends on rarity. Common: +3, Rare: +4, Legendary: +5
- Omega Drive - Slightly fills the Party Gauge for each critical hit delivered.
- Effect depends on rarity. Common: +5, Rare: +6, Legendary: +7
- Silver Earrings - Fills Party Gauge on "Excellent" Specials. (Minor effect.)
- Effect depends on rarity. Common: +20, Rare: +22, Legendary: +24
- Crystal Earrings - Fills Party Gauge on "Excellent" Specials. (Major effect.)
- Effect depends on rarity. Common: +30, Rare: +32, Legendary: +34
- Infinity Symbol - Slightly fills the Party Gauge at the end of each Chain Attack.
- Effect depends on rarity. Common: +30, Rare: +35, Legendary: +40
Driver Affinity Charts have skills that can permanently change Party Gauge gains:
- Rex's "Drive to Win" and Lora's "Will to Excel" skills slightly fill the Party Gauge by 5 for each critical hit delivered. All other Drivers have a similar skill in their New Game+ Hidden Affinity Charts.
- Nia's "Mutual Happiness" and Hugo's "Inspiration" skills slightly fill the Party Gauge by 20 when an "Excellent" is scored during a Special. All other Drivers have a similar skill in their New Game+ Hidden Affinity Charts.
- Tora's "Rapture" skill slightly fills the Party Gauge by 20 at the end of each Chain Attack. Vandham's New Game+ Hidden Affinity Chart skill "Greatest Work" has the same effect.
When not in battle, the Party Gauge will slowly deplete. This effect can be lessened through the acquisition of the following Store Deeds: Savvy Deeds, Sprintsy Deeds, Yafush Deeds and Platini Deeds. In Torna ~ The Golden Country, the same can be achieved by crafting the Fragrantine and Perpetual Music Box key items with Hugo's Machine-tinkering in a Campsite.
In higher Difficulty Levels like Bringer of Chaos and in some challenges, enemies gain powerful abilities that drain the Party Gauge when they become Enraged, such as Rage Strikes. These effects can be reduced by the Ocean Earring and the Seven-Seas Earring accessories.
Losing a battle will fully deplete the gauge, however loading from a save will retain the amount of gauge that was available when the game was saved.