For those who have not completed games in the Xenoblade Chronicles series, this page contains spoilers regarding the plot. Discretion is advised.
Quests are a collection of requests in Xenoblade Chronicles that the many people of Bionis and Mechonis ask of the party, or that are automatically triggered in the course of the story. Most quests do not need to be completed to advance the story, but some do. There are also Timed Quests, which must be completed before a certain point in the story, such as the refugees moving back to Colony 6 or before the destruction of Galahad Fortress. There are also some Mutually Exclusive Quests, where the party must choose one option or the other; depending on the choice, the Affinity Chart will grow differently. There are also some Story Quests and a few Surprise Quests that will appear during the progression of the story. Quests can vary from delivering letters to defeating monsters that roam Bionis and Mechonis. Very rare items and experience points can be acquired from them.
There are 480 quests altogether. This includes 130 timed quests, 25 pairs of mutually exclusive quests, 12 surprise quests, and 31 story quests. (There is some overlap between these categories; for example a surprise quest may also be a timed quest.)
Xenoblade Chronicles: Future Connected, the epilogue included with Definitive Edition, retains quests as they are in the main game except that none have unique comments and there are no Affinity awards. There are 44 new quests in Future Connected, of which two are surprise and none are missable, mutually exclusive, or timed.
On the Xenoblade Wiki, all quests have an infobox on their page containing information about them, as shown below.
- The name of the NPC who offers the quest, or "Story Quest" or "Surprise Quest".
- The place where the quest can be received. The name of the area appears first, followed by the nearest landmark or location within that area.
- The time of day during which the client can be found.
- Conditions which cause the quest to become available. These can include a story event, area affinity, NPCs registered on or having a specific link on the Affinity Chart, or other quests completed or uncompleted.
- The rewards for completing the quest.
- Unique Comments
- The player character who makes unique comments specific to the quest if they are in the active battle party. This is not to be confused with party support comments that characters make to the team leader, which they can repeat for any quest.
Type of Quests
Quests by Area
|Colony 9 Quests||81||14||1||4|
|Tephra Cave Quests||13||0||0||0|
|Bionis' Leg Quests||38||2||0||24|
|Colony 6 Quests||67||20||0||8|
|Satorl Marsh Quests||23||0||0||1|
|Makna Forest Quests||10||0||0||0|
|Frontier Village Quests||84||6||0||7|
|Eryth Sea Quests||19||3||1||0|
|Valak Mountain Quests||14||1||1||0|
|Sword Valley Quests||4||0||0||4|
|Galahad Fortress Quests||4||0||0||0|
|Fallen Arm Quests||30||0||0||5|
|Mechonis Field Quests||9||0||0||4|
|Central Factory Quests||9||0||1||4|
|Prison Island Quests||2||0||0||0|
|Bionis' Shoulder Quests||42||0||0||0|