Traveling Bards are NPCs and shops in Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and Torna ~ The Golden Country. They are added in New Game Plus, which requires the Version 1.3.0 update or later. They appear at various locations throughout Alrest, and are displayed on the map as green shop icons. They can be male or female characters of any race. Traveling Bards exchange Bonus EXP for valuable items; for example Accessory Expander Kits can be obtained from the bard in Goldmouth. The Version 1.4.0 update added several more Traveling Bards who trade various Role CPUs for Poppi.
Traveling Bards can be found in the main towns of most nations, as well as in Spirit Crucible Elpys, the Cliffs of Morytha, the Land of Morytha and the World Tree. There are no Bards in the Indoline Praetorium or Leftherian Archipelago.
|Argentum||Lemour Inn||Accessory Expander Kit x1||200,000|
|Gormott||Abble's Fountain ※1||Ether Crystals x20,000||200,000|
|Uraya||Fonsa Myma Gate ※2||Legendary Core Crystal x1||200,000|
|Mor Ardain||Jakolo's Inn||Ultimate Weaponry x1||400,000|
|Tantal||Theosoir Main Gate ※3||Overdrive Protocol x1||1,000,000|
|Spirit Crucible Elpys||Spirit Crucible Entrance||Elemental Core: Light x1||1,000,000|
|Cliffs of Morytha||Cliffs of Morytha Inlet||Master Ether Mod x1||500,000|
|Cliffs of Morytha||Jubilee Gate ※4||Master Luck Mod x1||500,000|
|Land of Morytha||View of a Lost Time||Master Muscle Mod x1||500,000|
|Land of Morytha||Megaflote Base||Master Strike Mod x1||500,000|
|World Tree||Lv. 2, Mizar: Lower Deck||Master Tank Mod x1||500,000|
|World Tree||Skywalk ※5||Master Evasion Mod x1||500,000|
- ※1 Reachable by arch east of Saets Chief's Residence Salvage Point
- ※2 Reachable from overlooking Commercial District, north of Sprintsy Sweets
- ※3 Reachable by jumping down from the balcony, west of Placks Patisserie
- ※4 Reachable by jumping down from above the gate by going through the side path on Cape O-uru
- ※5 Reachable by walking east after fast traveling to Lv. 3, Alioth
Torna ~ The Golden Country
|Kingdom of Torna||Auresco, Rear Gate ※||Love Doughnut x1||100,000|
|Kingdom of Torna||Auresco, Rear Gate ※||Ultimate Weaponry x1||400,000|
- ※ Located behind the rear gate at Auresco, which opens shortly after the attack on the capital.