For those who have not completed games in the Xenoblade Chronicles series, this page contains spoilers regarding the plot. Discretion is advised.
- "Forgive me, First Consort. I, Tyrea, vow to see your orders fulfilled."
- – Tyrea
Tyrea (Japanese: タルコ, Taruko, Talco; English dub: /taɪˈreɪə/) is an antagonistic character in Xenoblade Chronicles. She is an agent of the mythical Bionite Order, working as a subject to the High Entian First Consort. In Future Connected, she appears as a supporting character who helps Melia.
Born and raised as an assassin for the Bionite Order, Tyrea is loyal to First Consort Yumea, and possesses her liege's same disdain to "half-breed" High Entia. She is especially hostile with Melia for being an heir to the throne despite being half Homs by blood. Following Zanza's reawakening and the transformation of most of the High Entia race into Telethia, Tyrea slowly becomes less hostile towards Melia, though she would deny any affection or sympathy.
A year after the recreation of the world, Tyrea has accepted that she is half-Homs. Additionally, she has accepted Melia as the next Empress of the High Entia. Tyrea also has developed a strong bond with the High Entia boy Teelan and became an older sister figure to him. Tyrea does retain some sense of pride and does not like being seen as soft, especially when in front of Melia. Despite this, the two reconcile and Tyrea is willing to put her life on the line to buy Melia time to achieve her goals.
Tyrea is first seen masked and kneeling before Yumea, who is muttering darkly about Melia. Tyrea vows to have her killed, and to do whatever she must to achieve that end, but Yumea scoffs at her and says she grows "tired of [Tyrea's] stupidity."
Later, after Melia's investiture ceremony, Tyrea and Yumea are once again seen together - Yumea now ordering the deaths of the captive Homs party. She does not believe the Emperor will be concerned by their deaths. Kallian sees the pair conspiring, but does not hear their plans.
The High Entia Tomb
At the Ceremony Hall in the High Entia Tomb, Tyrea attacks Melia, saying that she has no right to call the First Consort "Mother" and that as a half-Homs, she has no right to the throne. A Solidum Telethia that Tyrea seems to have control over swoops down to join the attack. A swift rescue by the party saves Melia.
Much later, after Mechonis Core, Tyrea can be met during a quest (the party first finds her collapsed near the outer gates of Colony 6). Upon finding her Melia tells the party what she knows about Tyrea's heritage as the child of Yumea, the first Consort. Tyrea herself regains consciousness and confirms this before resting again while showing her disdain for Melia.
Once her health is restored she leaves the colony, only to find trace energy of a Telethia before it appears before her. The party will then witness the Telethia attack the colony's Reconstruction HQ, and follow it to Makna Forest. When the party encounters the Telethia, initially thinking it to be a transformed Tyrea, they engage and defeat it. However, Tyrea soon appears unscathed and reveals the Telethia was actually her mother, Yumea, and thanks them for granting her peace before leaving herself. When asked if they will ever meet again, Dunban states they have the same goals and that their paths will cross one day - however they do not meet again in-game. It is revealed during this quest that she is also part Homs, despite her long wings (caused by dominant/recessive genes), a fact later expanded on by Yumea's Maid, who can be found on Junks.
Tyrea has gone to Bionis' Shoulder along with Teelan and other High Entia. She first met Teelan in the ruined Alcamoth, having to defend him from the Fog King, and becomes his guardian. She later reunites with Melia and Shulk in Teelan's Laboratory after having scolded Teelan for sneaking away. She manages to hold off Gael'gar, who has attacked the pair under the erroneous assumption they are pure-blooded High Entia. She helps Melia and Shulk to fight the Fogbeasts during the invasion in Gran Dell. Tyrea tells Melia she was the one who disabled most of the transporters in Alcamoth. She gives Melia her Bionite Order Mask, which functions as the key to get the transporters to work. She attends Melia's coronation after Alcamoth is reclaimed.
|Spiral Kick||Physical||2.8 - 3.0||1||Single||Topple||-||-|
|Flying Bee||Physical||2.8 - 3.0||1||Single||Damage will double if target is toppled.||-||-|
|Guilty Bomb III||Talent (Ether)||1.8 - 2.0||1||Single||Bind||-||-|
|Energy Drain||Status||-||-||Circle around caster||Drains talent gauge, talent gauge of caster increases||-||-|
|Reparation||Status||-||-||Circle around caster||Strength Up|
Ether Power Up
|Telepathic Command||Status||-||-||Circle around caster||Physical Defence Up||-||-|
|Break||70%||Lock-On||70%||Physical Def. ▼||70%||Agility ▼||70%|
|Topple||100% ※||Bind||70%||Ether Def. ▼||70%||Aura Seal||100%|
|Daze||100% ※||Paralysis||70%||Strength ▼||70%||Arts Seal||100%|
- ※ Except under certain conditions
- Being Yumea's child, she is also Kallian's half sibling. Melia is also Kallian's half sibling through their father Sorean, but Tyrea and Melia do not share parents and are not directly related to one another.
- Melancholy Tyrea is the only quest to feature fully voiced cutscenes.
- It is also the only point in the game that Tyrea is seen without her mask on.
- In the Tomb, she will usually start attacking one of the characters that the player is not using.
- As she is of Bionis origin, the Monado will not deal much damage (only yielding 1 point of damage at a time). Because of this, it is advised to defeat the Solidum Telethia first.
- Tyrea and her Telethia are both at level 38.
- She can fly using her wings, a skill demonstrated by no other High Entia.
- She is the daughter of Yumea and a supposedly pure High Entia man, and was conceived in a special ceremony of the Bionite Order. It was later discovered that her father was actually half-Homs, despite his pureblood appearance. Her mother knew this but, for unknown reasons, kept her.
- "Rotten filth!"
- "You'll never be empress!"
- "Be gone from my sight!"
- "Your kind have no need of such power!"
- "Take my power and eliminate them!"
- "I will not let the throne be sullied!"
- "Insolent Homs! Stand aside or perish!"
- "You shall not be victorious..."
|Characters in Xenoblade Chronicles|
|Playable Characters||Dunban · Fiora · Melia · Reyn · Riki · Sharla · Shulk|
|Homs||Alvis · Dickson · Gadolt · Juju · Mumkhar · Otharon · Vangarre|
|Nopon||Chief Dunga · Oka|
|High Entia||Kallian · Lorithia · Sorean · Tyrea · Yumea|
|Machina||Egil · Linada · Miqol · Vanea|
|Gods||Meyneth · Zanza|