The worlds of Bionis-Mechonis (I can't find any other name for Shulk's world) and Alrest are two linked dimensions. So I was thinking which characters are the "counterparts" in each game. If there are any other suggestions, or problems, let me know in the comments.
- Shulk = Rex, both are the main protagonists.
- Fiora = Pyra, they are the main female supporting protagonists.
- Reyn = Azurda, they have been close to the main protagonists since childhood.
- Dunban = Morag, high-ranking soldiers who had a family member sacrifice themselves (Fiora even mentions that she reminds herself of her brother)
- Sharla = Nia, both are healers with troubled pasts.
- Melia = Zeke, powerful and famous children of kings (see below).
- Riki = Tora, both are playable nopons.
- Dickson = Akhos, they are both major antagonists. Also has some similarities to Amalthus, villains who were friendly at first but then transform and look like Doctor Octopus.
- Alvis = Mythra, both powerful supporting characters.
- Sorean = Eulogimenos, redeemed kings scared of a legendary weapon's power
- Kallian = Pandoria, important figure related to one of the main playable characters.
- Lorithia = Mikhail, they are both unique antagonists.
- Tyrea = Patroka, they are both minor antagonists.
- Colonel Vangarre = Vandham, they share the same Japanese name and their English names at least begin with "Van-". They have drill sergeant-like personality and a tendency to call their subordinates "slackers."
- Otharon = Dromach, wise mentor like characters.
- Juju = Poppi, childlike characters.
- Gadolt = Brighid, boss turned ally.
- Telethia = Guldos, creatures originating from before the beginning.
- Sani = Infernal, boss versions of those creatures.
- Egil = Jin, they are evil, yet sympathetic, leaders of terrorist organizations.
- Vanea = Lora, a female closely connected to the evil leader.
- Mumkhar = Bana, a number of reasons. But also Gort in terms of appearences, weapons, and desire for a weapon.
- Xord = Dughall, they are both beginning villains.
- Miqol = Raqura, although they are important leaders, they do not play much parts of the plot.
- Bionis = Malos, they are the evil and powerful blades (remember, blades evolve into titans).
- Mechonis = Pneuma (or Coffee-and-Milk), they are the good and powerful blades.
- Lady Meyneth = Amalthus, since the big good (a powerful and benevolent character who's not the main protagonist) fills up Zanza's role I figured the big bad would be her counterpart. Then again, there was also that Infernal Guldo.
- Zanza = The Architect, litarelly the other half of Klaus