For those who have not completed games in the Xenoblade Chronicles series, this page contains spoilers regarding the plot. Discretion is advised.
You Will Know Our Names (Japanese: 名を冠する者たち, Na o kansuru mono-tachi, lit. "those who are given a name") is a Field Track in Xenoblade Chronicles, composed and arranged by ACE+. It is track 9 of the fourth disc from the Xenoblade Original Soundtrack, and track 7 on the Xenoblade Chronicles Special Soundtrack.
It also plays during a few boss battles in the game (making it a unique and rare replacement for the ordinary boss battle theme, An Obstacle in Our Path) such as the second battle against Gadolt in Agniratha. Interestingly, in all three such cases, the cutscenes leading into the respective battles (which also have this theme playing) have something to do with powering up a Monado:
- Shulk releases the true power of the Monado right before facing Metal Face atop Prison Island.
- The party agrees to buy Fiora/Meyneth time to power up her Monado so she can break Egil's hold on Gadolt.
- Shulk suddenly appears and returns to the party during the fight against Sureny Telethia on Colony 6.
- Shulk and Fiora, though at this point without any divine help, both power up their respective Monados for the final fight against Disciple Dickson.
The Live Recording is an official live performance of five songs from Xenoblade Chronicles to celebrate the release of Xenoblade Chronicles 3D. These songs were performed and orchestrated by ACE+ band accompanied by a string quartet, in particular the live recording of You Will Know Our Names.
- This track is popularly known as Those Who Bear Their Name, but "bear" appears to be a mistranslation of 冠する, which means to invest with; to entitle; to give (a name to).
- As of update 1.5.1, a setting was added to allow this song to play in Xenoblade Chronicles 2 if Shulk and Fiora are in the party and are fighting a Unique Monster.